Monday, February 18, 2013

Motherhood is a raw deal!!!

I love my children and I love being a mother. I worry about my little girls and routinely feel inadequate to be their mother. But I try!! Today I realize that it is more fun to be DADDY than Mommy!!
As a mother I am in charge of:
 
1. Nutrition
2. Manners
3. Sleep routines
4. Cleanliness
5. Education
6. Time limited in front of the TV!!
7. Getting them dressed in clothes that match and getting their hair done.
8. Instilling a love of the gospel
9. Discipline
10. Nurturing talents
11. Hygiene
 
And NUMEROUS other every day things. And that's fine, I enjoy nurturing my children. But then Daddy gets home and it's all fun and games!! They eat pizza for breakfast and watch cartoons all day and don't read their books. They are stinky and dirty and their clothes don't match!! Discipline is in the form of bribery!!
I love my husband very much. He is a wonderful father and a good man. Ella and Scarlet love being with him and miss him everyday. He is our calm amongst the storm. But it is just not fair that I don't get to be the fun one once in a while!!!
 
 When Daddy's in charge, lunch consists of jerky (yes, for my 18 month old!!) cool ranch Doritos, and chocolate milk. All the while watching Wreck it Ralph!!
 
 


2 comments:

Terril Family said...

Oh Ash, I could not agree more! I have always said that too, daddy is the fun guy! So not fair!

Hope you are feeling better. Let us know when you want to play!

ShEiLa said...

Jerky sounds like a Dad meal to me... there are less healthy things to eat... Chocolate cake... Bill Cosby. Motherhood isn't easy... but it's worth it.

ToOdLeS.