Friday, February 22, 2013

Time Flies!!

It seems like the older I get, the faster each year goes by!! I swear Scarlet just turned a year last week and today she is 18 months old!! When I was sitting in the NICU in an extremely uncomfortable rocking chair, trying to coax her to eat 10cc of formula, I never imagined this day would ever come.
But it has!! And she's doing great!!
At 18 months she can:
Finally walk!! She started at 17 months and has mastered the talent!!
Sneak off with forbidden objects and hide. I've lost TWO tubes of lipstick!! Clinique!!
Chatter away in her own jargon and say a few words.
Loves books.
Is obsessively her Daddy's little girl. It's kind of disturbing!!
Eats like a horse. Her favorite food is green beans. And MEAT!!
 
 
 I get up early in the mornings. We're both out of bed around 6:15. I like to get right up and start my day. If I lay around I don't do anything and just get more and more lethargic. Scarlet doesn't like me to leave the family room even though the kitchen is literally 10 steps away!! So I put her in her little cage and for some reason she is secure that way.
 
 
 Practicing her cheer skills!! I think it's a little big for her!!
 
 
 Ella is getting so big and growing so much, it's hard to believe she was ever a baby!! We have discovered she is pretty good at MATH!! She must get that from her daddy and his side of the family!! She is also really good at puzzles!! She did this whole Peter Pan puzzle by herself!!
Doesn't she have awesome morning bed head!!
 
 
Ella's favorite baby sitter is a junior in high school and on the MV cheer squad. She is this pretty, sweet, blond girl and Ella LOVES her!! This is the mega phone she made for Ella!! It is so amazing!!When she gave it to her, Ella was speechless. Anyone who knows Ella knows what an amazing accomplishment this was!! It looks like it took a lot of time and she will have it for the rest of her life and always remember this wonderful girl who made it for her.
I pay my baby sitters pretty good. I want them to come back and want to do a good job. Plus Ella's a little intense, so I know they earn it!!
I'll tell you what, that girl is worth EVERY PENNY!!

No comments: