Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Opinions Caused BY My Bad Mood

I'm usually an open minded person and go by the attitude of 'live and let live'. But I am in a bad mood today and I have decided to take it out my blog. If you were wondering why I am so pissy, it's because I am sick for the 4th time in the year of 2013 and my baby is bat crap crazy AND I'm moving for the 6th time in 8 years. 2013 has royally sucked and there is no light on the horizon.

So here are all my opinions on controversial topics. They are meant for entertainment and informative purposes. If you do not share my opinion please restrain yourself from trying to change my mind.

1. Gay marriage- yup. I started out with a big one!! You what I think? I don't give a rat's hat if gay people want to get married. Not one bit. I don't care if they want to have kids. Because there are a lot of straight people out there married with families, and they are really terrible at it. I would much rather see a happy, healthy little one with parents of the same gender, than in a home with a sleazy mom and a dead beat dad. The religion I practice (and deeply believe) councils that a marriage is between a man and a woman. I support my religion and if I had to publicly and openly in the name of the church say how I felt about same sex marriage, I would only feel comfortable saying what the prophet councils. But really I just don't care. Let them be happy. It does not effect how I feel about the sacred vows I share with my husband.
 I feel this way about polygamy too. If everyone is safe, happy and healthy, go for it!! When that stops being the case, it should not be allowed. FOR ANYONE.
My rule about all things is: don't push it on me. I don't want to see 2 people gay or straight or unknown making out in public. It's gross all around!! I don't want to be hit on by anyone who is not my husband. Pretty simple rules to follow.

2. Gun Control- I think that our lovely little government needs to find a neutral zone when it comes to guns. We are NEVER going to get rid of every gun in the country. Nor do I think we need to arm EVERY citizen. If you want to own one, do it responsibly. If you are uncomfortable stay away from them. Yes they cause horrific crimes. Yes it is terrible. But a massive outlawing of guns is not going to stop CRAZY ASS PEOPLE from making CRAZY ASS choices. Yes, there should be rules and regulations. But they should be smart and that decision should include people who know how handle weapons.

3. Home schooling- I would never home school my children. I do not think anyone who does not have a SERIOUS amount of dedication and an education is capable of educating a child properly.
I know with confidence that I would get lazy and put it to the side and my children would be stupid. I think too often children who are home schooled are not prepared to face adulthood and society. Not all of them. But a lot of them.

4. Natural Birth- I know there are some women out there who do it for the spiritual experience. Or for the natural, drug free aura. That is amazing and I commend you for your courage. But I think a lot of them do it so they can fluff their feathers, pat them selves on the back and scorn the rest of us for demanding that needle with a fire in our eyes!!

5. I HATE IPHONES- I went on a scathing rant about 3 days before Christmas about how I think they are the anti-Christ. Christmas morning I opened an Iphone. My husband shrugged and told me I could take it back. I just hate how everyone always has their face glued to it!! (cough*cough* MY HUSBAND) There is nothing so important to me on Pinterest or facebook that I can't sit and talk to my friends with out someone checking SOMETHING on their phone. I don't care if someone checks messages. I do that all the time. I can talk, text and listen all at the same time. But people!! I promise you can  WALK, DRIVE & EAT with out it!!

6. I don't like dogs- They're cute and the idea of a dog seems nice, but every time I'm around a large breed I remember why I'm a cat person. (For the record, I think cats are almost just as bad, just less work on my part) My dad has a black lab. She's not a petite girl so she almost looks me in the eye. Not a super accomplishment seeing as how I'm short. But she slobbers on me and drools and PANTS. Bleh. He has to clean up fecal matter that is, quite frankly, impressive in size!! You have to feed dogs on a routine and walk them. Too much work for me. There are days I don't even see my ungrateful feline. She holes up in a dark, cool place and shuts down!!

Anyways. Maybe I won't be so ornery in a few days and post something nice, but the way things are going.....DON'T EXPECT IT!!!

2 comments:

The Leavitts said...

We for real need to hang out!!! When your done moving and I am in my rental we are getting together!!

ShEiLa said...

I love it when you rant!

Most of what you wrote... I totally agree.

ToOdLeS.