Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring is Here!!!

I am so excited for Spring!!
The air is fresh, the plants bloom.
Sigh. Makes me feel so peaceful!!
It makes me want to clean, freshen everything up and start improving!!


 I bought some flowers!! Every year I try to branch out and this year I decided to stick with what I know!!
Snap dragons, marigolds and stocks!!
The smell of stocks instantly reminds me of my granny.
That old lady could grow a stock like no ones business!!

 Petunia baskets.

 These are so incredibly fragrant!!
I sit on the porch and just breathe them in!!

 Pots for the back yard.

Speaking of Granny.....
These bulbs are over 50 years old!! My granny planted them in her front planter.
My aunt owns the house now and when a drunk driver plowed threw the planter, she very graciously gave me a handful of bulbs!!
I think they're daffodils or Easter lilies.
I got them 2 years ago and wasn't able to get them in the ground in time for a flower. Then we moved and they laid dormant for the season.

At the end of every season I am ready for the next one to come.
Except Spring.
After Spring the slumbering monster that is Summer lifts its head and sniffs the despair of those who live in the desert.

No comments: