Saturday, February 28, 2015

Out With The Old

 My dad and his AWESOME friend Tracy spent eight hours installing me a new beautiful door.
Trailers DO NOT have normal standard sized ANYTHING.
So it's always a big pain in the butt to replace stuff.
 
They tore out this HIDEAOUS, un sturdy, nasty metal door.
It's freaking orange!!
Who the hell thought this was an ok choice!???
 

And installed this beauty.
Sigh.
I am so happy!!
It was a lot of work because the door jam had to be complete redone.
It needed to be wider and higher, and then they ran into wires and had to move those!!
 
I thought of the poem "The house that jack built"
"they pulled out the door to get a new one,
they moved the wall to get in the door,
the moved the wires to move the wall
all to replace the door
in the house that Ashley has!!!"
 
I am grateful for my dad and his amazingly patient friend.
Tracy has a work ethic that I greatly admire.
He never got upset (I get PISSED when stuff doesn't go smooth)
He just steadfastly worked along side my dad as they tore everything apart and then put every back.
And it was great entertainment to listen to the two old men work out there!!
I heard hilarious stories, occasional cursing (especially when they found the live wire), some teasing, and even the occasional singing!!
And I am so grateful that my parents concern themselves over making the house nicer and prettier.
I feel loved when the lawn is mowed and the new door comes.
Or even something simple like new door knobs!!
 
Next on the list of projects is to cover the DISGUSTING HIDEOUS skylight!!
That is going to happen next week!!
 

2 comments:

Greg Marshall said...

The old one actually isn’t that good. You did a great job on replacing it – the new one looks amazing! It’s a good thing your dad and his friend Tracy were able to help you out in installing the new door, since these things could require a lot of work. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post with us. All the best!


Greg Marshall @ CrawfordDoorOfWNYInc

Darryl Smith said...

Replacing your old door with the new one is really brilliant. It's really beautiful and totally complements the overall look of the house's exterior. Having your dad and Tracy is a good thing, since they did well in installing it. In any way, thanks for sharing that! All the best to your family!

Daryll Smith @ Franklin Window and Door