Monday, February 9, 2015

The Words of Malachi

Malachi 4:5&6
 
In January, we discovered that my great grandma's house was being torn down.
My dad was raised by his grand parents and it pricked at his heart to see it torn apart.
I walked around the wreckage, trying to find a scrap of something I could rescue for him to keep.
The longer I looked at the broken bones of the old house, the more I realized,
it didn't matter.
The house didn't matter.
The old doors and windows and the bath tub didn't matter.
 
The Spirit has been whispering to my ear often over the last few years.
I needed to do temple work.
The program is as simple as it can be, but still complicated.
My dad's family has NO records.
I would literally have to comb the world to finds them.
It was daunting and over whelming.
 
But that old ruined house seemed to cry out from the dust.
I went to the family history library that day and began the work.
I have slowly combed threw censuses, birth certificates, christening records, everything!!
I had hunted down and found maybe 6-8 people by myself.
I would get lost in front of the computer, and hours later lift my head to the smell of dinner and a setting sun.
I earnestly prayed that I would be able to find these people.
My father's family.
 
One rainy Friday morning I again renewed my request to the Lord and went on with my day.
I came across an interesting piece of the family puzzle and rushed to my dad to tell him.
He made a phone call to his uncle to check if what I thought could be right.
It was.
AND!!!
My great uncle knew a cousin who had a whole book.
A WHOLE BOOK
of records that we never even knew existed.
He had a copy and sent it to us in the mail.
 
TWO whole books that I have in my possession.
11 generations of people we never knew of.
We were all under the impression our great grand father didn't know HIS father.
And here it all is.
Thankfully, the Catholic church keeps its own methodical records, and the Alderetes have lived in the same small town for literally hundreds of years.
I am so excited!!
I have them now, and now the real work begins!!
 
Their ethnic back grounds are different than we thought!!

No comments: