Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Freshen Up

I get urges for change every so often, and if those urges are not met, I tend to get broody and sullen.
Last year we painted the house, the kitchen, the cabinets, and both bathrooms.
This year I thought a little less painting was in order!!
Last year might have put Brent over the edge a bit!!
 
I have both of my granny's old dressers.
They are 50 years old and made by Bassett.
They are pieces from the good old days when things were made to LAST.
These things could quite possibly survive a nuclear blast!!
They started out a pearly 1965 white.
My dad painted them both white for me and my sister after we inherited them.
The paint was starting to look dingy and faded.
SO!!!
 
 I painted this dresser PINK.
It's....bright!!
I might have to find a way to glaze or texture it.
That's a lot of pink!!
But it's fresh and perfect for 2 cute little girls!!
 
I painted this one red and then glazed it with a dark stain.
And when I say I, I mean my mom!!
I did the base red paint but my mom did the hard work!!
She put the stain on and worked it and finished it for me.
She excels at those things, where I do NOT.
She insists it's not hard, but I do not believe her.
 
I have been mollified in my need to change something.
For now.


No comments: