Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day

We went to the cemetery early this year.
I like to have plenty of time to wander amongst the dead and feel their peaceful spirits.
I also like to go a day or so early, so I'm alone.
The hallowed ground holds its own special spirit and I love to feel it.
 
 We visited my cousin, who died suddenly in February of 2014
I decided last year to start taking yard stakes instead of flowers.
They last longer and in a few years, there will be quite a group of them!!
Ella insisted that this cousin she never met needed a pink flamingo.
I think he would have appreciated it!!
 
 My dear Auntie.
 
 My granny and grandpa.
 
These are Brent's grandparents.
I admit, I forgot a yard stake for them.
But in my defense, a dozen people will remember them and leave something for them on this day of memory.
Sometimes what I leave for my family is all that is left.
Oh I miss them!!
 


No comments: