Friday, May 15, 2015

My Little Chicken

Scarlet started her class in January and I am SO SO glad we decided to look into it.
She is doing better.
Is she perfect?
No.
Does she have bad days?
Yes.
Is she ready to be exited out?
No.
But she is BETTER!!
I can see all the sweetness I knew she had inside starting to blossom.
She hugs and kisses me and tells me "I love you".
She's learning and has little friends.
I am so excited for her and I am filled with relief!!
 
 My children are always welcome to come to my room at night.
I actually leave a blanket and extra pillow on the floor, and sometimes I wake up in the morning to a little girl snuggled into a nest.
They don't wake me up, they know the drill, it is peaceful!!
Traditional?
Maybe no.
But I have never been traditional when it comes to raising my little chickens.
They are a unique and exotic breed!!
 
Scarlet's new favorite thing is to come in after she hears her daddy leave for work.
She quietly sneaks to his side of the bed, slithers beneath the blankets, and promptly goes back to sleep.
 
We are still working on understanding emotions.
She is doing better!!
But she still needs prompting and redirection.
In her defense, sometimes so do I!!!
Today her solution to finding somewhere else to throw a fit, besides near me:
 the shell of solitude.
I started laughing so hard when I discovered it, that her fit promptly dissolved.
I love my little girls.
They are challenging but they are also very sweet.


No comments: