Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's WAR!!!!

The Enemy: Parognathus Thomomys
Commonly now as: pocket gopher
Know to me as: Menace to my front yard


The Crime: Digging 5 holes up in my 5ft by 8ft yard in one night! Some how this vermin has managed to infiltrate over the boundary of regular gopher ism. He's a rogue and must be stopped.
The weapon: Gopher Bomb. I am considering putting his little furry head on a spike in my front yard, as a warning to all future gophers who may think they should take up residence in my grass. As of noon tomorrow, my friendly neighborhood pest control man, is going to SMOKE HIM TO DEATH!! MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
To any animal lovers out there; if you would like to come and relocate my enemy, feel free to try to catch him. But his execution is set for tomorrow, so act quickly.


7 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

hehehe

ShEiLa said...

oh yeah,
I hate these little beasties.
Bring on the battle til death.
I hope nobody tried to save the little monster. You may have driven by my Dad's in Logandale and seen him trapping or shooting at these miserable varmits.

My hubby likes to drown them.

I think your method is the best I have heard of yet.

ToOdLeS.

Trent & Tara said...

ha ha this is hilarious, you crack me up girl. he better say his last prayers.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY! okay thats some funny stuff. i laughed really hard. That gopher does not know what is coming to him and the part about staking his head is icing on the cake. (i know sick comparison but thats all I could think of. thanks for the laughs at the end of a long day.

ps-what are you complaining about i totally am the worst looking one in that picture. i forgot my eyebrows really were THAT bad. You had a hat on the grease factor on the bangs didnt even show. just wait until i post the cleaning lady picture. hahahha just kidding I know there are some scary lake pics of me floating around out there.

The Jones People said...

haha. We always put spearamint gum in the holes, it worked!

I'll look forward to taking Ella's pics this summer, but I make you the same promise. I will capture her personality not make her look like an angel :)

But I must say little miss Ella was adorable in each picture!!

The Logue Family said...

haha I feel your pain...
if that doesnt work call Ben Robison he is a pro-gopher hunter and wins every time!

Brooke and Justin said...

haha! SO FUNNY!! We deal with the same problem!! My husband is constantly trying to figure out ways to kill those dang things!