Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

My mom had left over fabric that she gave me so I turned it into a fun Christmas quilt for Ella. She loves it. She calls it her Christmas Blanky.
I decided I wanted a Christmas quilt too. So I made one. Slightly more difficult to make than Ella's! I may or may not have verbally abuse this quilt on numerous accounts. I also may or may not have cursed at my sewing machine. (Not shown is the back. It is poinsettia fleece.)

Ella's dessert. Her first whip cream beater. My dad said that barely letting your child eat her first beater at 2 plus years old has got to be some form of child neglect!!
There was only 4 people at our Thanksgiving feast this year. My brother, my self, my mom and my dad. That's it! It was pretty casual and low key. We ate until the pain set in and then we slept. My two favorite activities!


3 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Great quilts! And you dad would be so disappointed in me since my son just turned three and he's never had a whipped cream beater. But I suspect he wouldn't like it like all things sweet but since Ella seems to like it, maybe he would.

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Good job on the quilts. I am impressed you finished the one for you so fast. I never finish anything if there is not a deadline. I love the pic of Ella with whip cream, she looks completly satisfied!

ShEiLa said...

Love the quilts!

Sounds like you had the perfect Thanksgiving.

ToOdLeS.