Thursday, July 28, 2011

Conversations

Conversation #1
Ella: Mommy I want a carrot.
Me: Ok (I get her a carrot from the fridge)
Ella: No. (Hands carrot back) A blue carrot!
Me: Oh honey, they don't make blue carrots. They only come in orange.
Ella: No, they are blue and red. And have feathers and a beak.
She wanted a PARROT, not a carrot. The answer was NO!! I don't think a parrot would be a good friend for Molly.
Conversation #2
Ella: Daddy, can we go get Mommy a movie?
Daddy: Not today sweetie, we watched a movie yesterday.
Ella: No a movie!
Me: Ella, Daddy said no to a movie. Not today.
Ella: (sigh of exasperation) No!! I get a juice box, YOU get a smoothie!!!
She totally dimed me out for my little obsession with McDonald's mango pineapple smoothies. She doesn't like them, or ice cream cones, so I get her an apple juice box.
Conversation #3
Ella: Mommy, can Scarlet come out and play tea party with me?
Me: She's not ready to come out yet honey. She still has a few months.
Ella: But your belly is really, really big!!
Me: Thanks love, glad your so observant!!
*All of these conversations were a result from Brent and I not making the effort to interpret her, not because she actually calls things by the wrong name!!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I love Miss Ella and the conversations... I have talks like this with Miss Maddy too.

ToOdLeS.