Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This Is How I Feel

This is how Molly and I feel about the summer heat. Doesn't she kind of blend in to the couch?
As I near the beginning of my 3rd trimester, I have been getting more and more excited! It has been awhile since I had a newborn!! Ella and Scarlet will be 3 years and 3 months apart, and by Mormon standard time, that's practically 2 seperate families!! I've been thinking about how fun (and daunting) having a new born will be again. I've bee thinking about changing diapers, feeding, rocking, and sleeplessness. (Not that I don't already have that.)
I've also been wondering what she will look like. When we were getting ready to have Ella, we assumed she would be dark. I thought dark genes were dominant, so I figured I'd have a dark haired, dark eyed baby. Well was I wrong!! Blond hair! Blue eyes!! And I never even considered curls!! So now I've been wondering what Scarlet will look like!
Between the two families we have:
Eyes: brown, blue, green and hazel
Hair: dark brown, light brown, blond, red
We kind of have the lottery going! It also makes me wonder, will she be a big baby? Or little like Ella? Long? Short? All in all, I don't really care what she looks like! I just want her to be healthy.

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I am with you and Molly... hate the heat.

It will be fun to see exactly what genes will do for your next little Miss... most important is the healthy part so you have your priorities right anyway.

I had to giggle about the 'mormon standard time' comment.

ToOdLeS.

Andrea said...

You guys could have rainbow children like me! Alex and jonathon both have dark hair but alex's eyes are dark and jonathon's I think will be hazel... Cam has blonde hair and blue eyes and none of them look alike.. I swear they all have the same daddy, lol!