Monday, December 19, 2011

Cuz There's Nothin' Else To Do

I am so excited that Christmas is coming!! I love Christmas!! I am that anal person who gives out goodies the first weekend of December and has her cards shipped at a reasonable time. Now don't give me any credit, I just have a compulsive personality that requires I do this or I might die!! I also organize my cleaning spray alphabetically and make sure the nozzle points in the same direction. It's a sickness!!
My tree is bursting with wrapped presents. I'm not a 'what ever paper I can find-labeled with a sharpie' kind of girl. I like ribbons and bows and tags that coincide with the paper. Ex: Santa paper-Santa tag. Tree paper- tree tag. Like I said, it's a sickness!!
I am so excited but at the same time I hope Christmas never comes, because when Christmas is over the New Year comes. And when the New Year comes, so comes dieting....dum dum DUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
When I was pregnant with Ella I gained 43 pounds and lost 30 in the hospital. Can you say water retention!!
When I was pregnant with Scarlet I gained 48. Whoops. Bad news? I only lost 18 in the hospital!! What the hell!? Both summer babies. Retained water with both. What the heck happened!! SO now I face the daunting task of shedding 30 pounds!! I know I can do it. I want to do it. But the task is daunting!! I told Brent I wasn't even going to try until January 1st, way back before she was even born!! I could have started earlier...but I didn't want to. I have been eating all the Christmas goodies I want, avoiding the scale, and gearing myself up for what is ahead. I'm also hoping Santa brings me the running shoes I want and some work out clothes. It's pretty bad when I need to lose weight to fit into my gym shorts!! But oh well!! Maybe next time I have a child (in-5-years-no-I'm-not-kidding) I will not establish a no cookie left behind policy!! Whoops again.

4 comments:

Jed Wheeler Family said...

I love my sharpie, thank you very much but your presents are much prettier. Some day I'll try harder, when I am retired or somethin'

Bowler Family said...

My favorite year was the spongebob paper!!

ShEiLa said...

I love Christmas too.

I remember gaining too much weight... with every pregnancy. I don't like having a predisposition to being overweight. Just take my advice and don't let the poundage pack on once your over 30... it gets worse trying to lose the older you get... and stress does complicate the ability to lose.

ToOdLeS.

ps. I remember putting your blog in my reading list... however, it didn't take... so silly me thought you weren't writing and I missed a whole lot. I am leaving you a few comments.

Trent & Tara said...

your so fine girl. I hate getting back in gear after a baby. But I feel its harder emotionally than physically.. well its just hard. And C-sections don't make you feel any sexier either....how does anyone lose 30lbs in the hospital. crazy. You'll get there:)I wish I cared more about my wrapping skills, i'm pathetic in that department. BTW I have been stuffing my face this season too...we all have ya know.