Thursday, December 8, 2011

Today I am....

Happy. I do not characterize myself as a happy person. I think I am genetically inclined from one side of my family to be perpetually ornery and from the other side border line psychotic. I try to keep an even balance between the two.
Scarlet has been doing very well with sleeping better. I am so deeply grateful. If this was ancient Israel, I would be sacrificing my goat. I won't go into detail. I know how it feels to read blog after blog about how just perfect some one's child is and feel badly that mine won't conform to the normal rules. I would just like to publicly say, I am so grateful she is doing better.
We went to the park today and played with family and friends. Wonderful girls (and guys, thanks Jeff for keeping Brent company!) were there to talk to. Ella ran around happily and dug in the sand.
We went to the library and Ella found a book shaped like a heart. She was so excited.
We got our new head bands in the mail and 2 Christmas cards. I realized I hadn't ordered mine yet and rushed home to order them from Costco. (I.E. I'll be cutting it close this year!)
We ate dinner. Molly proudly brought us a mouse. Right on in to my kitchen! We caught it, threw it out and disinfected everything in sight! We checked to see if Molly was updated on her rabies shots.
I just feel happy. I feel content that I have been blessed and give great thanks. GREAT THANKS.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This post made me laugh. Love it!