Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!!
We all felt confident in saying is may have been the best!!

 Wednesday afternoon, Brent and I got to go up and see Ella's little program.
It was very cute!!
They sang songs and recited cute turkey poems.

 I decided to attempt being crafty again.
I made both girls a turkey shirt for the holiday.
They turned out pretty good so I think we will make Christmas tree shirts too!!

 I also decided to make some turkey bows!!
They were fun!!

 Waiting patiently for parents to arrive.

 Reciting her poem.

 We got to go home early to play with our Bowler cousins!!

 They did a wonderful job!!

 It's an Alderete tradition to shoot clay pigeons off the mesa on Thanksgiving morning.
Scarlet wasn't enjoying herself so I let her play in the car.
That was almost too much fun!!

 Ella wanted to get as close to the edge as possible!! She is NOT afraid of heights!!

 My mom has developed a hidden talent!!
She is getting to be a deadly aim!!

 My daddy.

 Brent had never had much experience with guns.
When he went into the police academy we realized he had a hidden talent too!!
He was turning clays to powder!!

 And then of course there was my brother.
Who is the most deadliest of all!!
That's why he's on my team for the zombie apocalypse!!

 I don't ever edit my snap shots.
Cuz that's kind of pointless in my opinion!!
I thought this picture turned out kind of cool!!

 My dad forgot the clay thrower.
We had to chuck them by hand!!

 I told them to look tough.
Not sure who succeeded and who didn't!!

 On to the meal!!
The big kids playing outside.

 The kiddie table.

 Scarlet discovering her love of pomegranate salad!!

 
 Not sure why this picture is off to the side!!
Everyone was so happy on Thanksgiving.
It was wonderful!!
Scarlet even hugged me!!

 I had on a pretty blue sweater but the house heated up FAST!!
I had to change into my mom's t-shirt!!

I am so happy Brent got to be home for a holiday. 
Out of the 7 Thanksgivings he has had on HPD, this is the 2nd year he has had off.
And not in a row!!

No comments: