Saturday, June 7, 2014

Painting: Part TWO: The Kitchen

It is not a secret that I have hated the kitchen from the day I laid eyes on it.
When we moved in we helped my parents paint the entire thing white because it sported some truly hideous wall paper that SCREAMED "Hello I am a trailer from 1993."
Which, indeed it is.
But we don't have to be so BLATANTLY obvious about it!!

After convincing Brent that painting the bathroom did not kill him after all, and promising him serious gifts for his birthday, he consented to help me tackle the kitchen!!
In fact, he got so motivated, he did the whole thing himself with only minor assistance from me!!
Yay!!

 Stove area before.

 Stove area after.
The cabinets are "cumulus" and the walls are "golden whisper"
I love them.

 Side counter and enormous cabinet bank.
Before.

 After.
I know it's not that big of deal, but it brings tears of joy to my eyes!!

 This dark dreary picture sums up my feeling about the over head cabinets on the bar.
I loath them.
Another shout of cheap and out dated!!
After begging my dad to tear them out, he delivered!!!
It wasn't a horrific mess like I thought it might end up being!!
One big cut across the support wall and 4 large screws from the cabinets.
A couple of tugs and those ugly things are now in the trash heap!!
Yay!!
Bar before.

Bar after.
Oh I am so happy.
Even better news is: we're ordering counter top next Thursday!!!
The last and finally ugly thorn in the kitchen's side will be those beauties.
Teal.
TEAL.

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Small changes make a huge difference!

Lauren said...

So exciting Ash!!!! We're redoing our kitchen right now and every time something ugly comes out I cheer. Oh its so wonderful to make a home your own. Good luck with the rest! I can't wait to see your countertops!!!