Monday, June 2, 2014

School is Over

When I registered Ella for kindergarten, friends of mine who also had little girls, were lamenting how sad they were and how they had shed tears because their babies were getting so big so fast.
I, did not.
Not because I'm cold hearted or wouldn't miss her.
I was excited for her to start an exciting journey, to expand her horizons and develop herself!!
Now that kindergarten is 2 days from ending, I now have the tears.
I don't want Ella to grow up!!
Stop growing!!
Stay little!!
Next year she will be gone all day and spend more time out of my home than awake and with me.
She will be influenced more by her peers and teacher than me!!
It is hard for me to look forward to.

 They had their program today.
It was so cute!!
She did so good and sang her little heart out.
Last year when a few of my friends posted first day of school pictures versus last day of school, most of the pictures were startling!!
Their children had under gone such a drastic change!!



Ella didn't even grow!!
I put her in the same dress because I THOUGHT there would be marked differences!!
I don't think she even grew an inch!!
Oh well!! I guess that means this year's ward robe can carry over to next year!!

No comments: