Saturday, June 28, 2014

30 Years Old

Today I turned 30.
I'm not going to lie, it was hard to swallow.
I have dreaded this day for years!!
But I have been reassured by those who have gone on before me that 30 will be an awesome time in my life.
The ups and downs of the 20s are gone and a calm stability will arrive.
How can I say no to that!?
My mom and sister made a delicious lunch and both of them made me a cake!!
One of my favorite aunts came too and it made me so happy.
I love my family.
I don't get to see my aunts enough!!

 Ella, Jack and Jara building legos while they waited for lunch.
Ella is giving me her crazy eyes.
Such a great picture taker!!

 But how can I judge her when Brent and I are the least photogenic people in the world!!

 To mark the occasion of such a mile stone, I cut some bangs.
I like the ones Rashida Jones had on Parks and Rec in season 5.
I know, I'm very daring!!

This handsome little man couldn't make it.
But!!
He sent me a gift card so I could buy these!!

 My shoes color rainbow is complete!!
I now own a shoe in every color!!
Blue was the last one on the list!!
I have been building my collection for 5 years now!!

Brent got up early and sneaked off to the store to get me these.
I love balloons!!
I like them better than flowers!!
He gave me some gift cards, which I promptly used, and then he did the dishes.

I am so grateful today for all my friends and family. 
My wonderful sister watched my girls for TWO nights last week AND payed for Brent and I to stay for those 2 nights at the Casa Blanca.
It was so great to spend time with Brent and relax.
We ate way too many times, watched movies and laid my the pool.
I spent most of Wednesday at the Spa!!
I had a facial and a scalp massage.
SOOOOO AMAZING!!

Thank you to every one who thought of me.
I spent the rest of today on pain pills because I am so sore!!
Every inch of my body is sore, especially my jaw from the bite block and ventilator.
I have rested and counted my blessings.
It's been a great day!!

No comments: