Sunday, October 5, 2014

Conference Weekend

I love conference.
And when I say that, I sincerely mean it. I'm not just saying what I think is required of me.
Sometimes I glean deep meanings and my heart is touched.
Sometimes I fall asleep!!
Regardless, I always find something that inspires me.
This is the break down of our weekend!!

Scarlet had a fever for a few days.
She showed no other symptoms.
She just wanted to lay down and sleep and watch TV, so that is what she did!!

I let her sleep in my room a few nights so I could keep a close eye on her. 
I woke up in the middle of the night and found her wedged between my bed and her play yard.
I don't know why this was a prime spot!!

 We had the opportunity to puppy sit this fur ball this weekend.
While she is darling little beast, it cured me from any desire to have a dog!!
I'm a cat person anyway!!

 We put up the fall decorations.
The weather has finally cooled off!!
When I say cooled off, I mean it's under triple digits.
It's sad I think of this as a major accomplishment!!
I feel like the Earth had a fever that finally broke.

 My favorite Halloween decoration for our house.

 Caught Ella sitting in our pumpkin.
I used to take a picture of them every year until they got too big.
Maybe I should bring the tradition back.
It might be fun to see them in 10 years trying to balance on top of a pumpkin that has become to small to sit in.

 I'm trying to teach Scarlet how to ride a bike with pedals.
She is too used to the glider bike!!

 Every conference I buy a fresh color book and a brand new box of crayons.
It is a tradition that dates back to when I was 5 and we watched a fuzzy PBS station that wasn't always in color.
This is my Apple Jack master piece!!
It shows my old age that my whole hand is sore with carpal tunnel from coloring so long!!

I got Ella a pony sketch pad when we went for well checks.
This is her own pony she created.
She spent the entire second hour of Sunday conference detailing it!!
I beamed inside to see she naturally selected blue and gold for her unique pony!!


No comments: