Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2

Holidays are so fun and magical.
But children bring even more to the experience!!
Today we went to the pumpkin patch with Ella's class.
Brent and Scarlet came too!! If Brent has to miss stuff like Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas morning and fourth of July, he's coming to the pumpkin patch!!


 Last year Ella wanted the smallest pumpkin she could find.
This year she wanted a round one!!

 She picked out a pretty good one!!
 Scarlet was so excited and wanted to take home 10 of them!!

Warning: The picture below is of Ella's knee after she tripped and tore it wide open. So if those things make you squeamish, scroll quickly!!
(I did this just for you Amy!!)























 She just had a little trip but landed perfectly on the edge of the pavement that was a little jagged. 
A chunk of skin was hanging and shredded off and we had to go home and trim it off.
I was so proud of her bravery.
She jumped up and tried so hard to act like it was ok. 
I asked her if she was ok and she looked up at me with tears pouring from her big blue eyes and whispered, "It really hurts."
It took awhile for the blood to flow, but once it did it was gushing. 

 We had to stop and borrow band aids from Mrs. Barlow!!
I tried to wash it off with water and control blood flow until we got home!!

 She tried to not let it get her spirits down and still played and had lunch with her little friends.

 I really like Ella's class this year and I am very happy with her teacher.
It's an awesome group!!

We are getting quite the collections of pumpkins!!
Since Brent hates removing guts, I have a lot of work ahead of me!!

No comments: