Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Nevada Day

Nevada is a battle born state.
It was formed on October 31st 1864 during the Civil War to aid President Lincoln in election and add another state to the "Free" states.
I could never understand why none of my Utah cousins got Halloween off when I was little.
I did not realize we were in actuality getting Nevada Day off.
The school had Dress like a Cowboy day to celebrate.
I feel like this is in error because Nevada was originally full of Indians, miners and prostitutes!!
Haha!!

 I did not have traditional cowboy attire, so Ella was a modern cowgirl!!
I told her to blow me a kiss.
It kind of happened!!

 I have lived in Nevada my whole life.
As have my ancestors.
It is hot, dry, brown and generally ugly.
Vegas is a cesspool of sin and gambling and I need a shower when I get home from its smog filled air.

I will admit, however, that at least I don't live in the central part of the state which is truly the arm pit of our nation.
But at least my little cow girls looked darling!!
She was so excited to borrow my earrings!!

No comments: