Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 12: Vintage

Years of Christmas past.

 2004
I'll always remember this year because Granny was really excited for present that year.
She was usually reserved in her reaction to gifts.

 I think this is approximately 1990

 Approximately 1987

 Approximately 1984

 My grandpa and grandma always came over every Christmas morning to admire all our gifts.
Then we would follow them back to their house for them to give a little something.
My grandpa LOVED Christmas.
This picture is a poor scan I had to lighten.
Even though I can't see it well I remember the looks on their faces perfectly.
My brother proudly brandishing his giant candy cane and my granny's proper enthusiasm for such an impressive item!!
My grandpa's bright smile and how he vibrated with excitement.
He got sick so long ago some of my memories have faded.
But when I see this and remember how he was this time of year, I miss him dearly.

Approximately 1997
I love our busy tree in the back.
My little brother when he was still shorter than me.
That ended about 2 years later.

No comments: