Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 13: Festive

For the last 5 years I have made a Christmas quilt as the holiday season begins.
I started when Ella was just a year old and made a baby blanket for her out of material my mom had.
It was so fun and made the holidays so exciting watching it come to life, I decided I would make it a tradition!!
Last year I cut all this fabric out, but life got busy and I never completed it.
This year I saw the bag of unattached squares and knew it was time!!
 Ella was my faithful helper and sorted out all the squares!!

 It took me 3 or 4 days to have time to sew it all up.
I gave this one to Ella and graduated Scarlet up from the baby blanket to the one Ella has been using.
They were both so excited to have new Christmas blankies!!

Close up of the center.
The pine bows are sparkly and I love the cute animals.
I turn on Christmas music and listen to the hum of the sewing machine and it reminds me of when my mom used to make us Christmas jammies!!
3 quilts have been 9 block quilts and this one is a sunburst.
Next year I'll just go buy cute fabric and save myself all the cutting!!

No comments: