Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day 25: Unwrapped

This year we decided to do something to help remind the girls, every day, the true meaning of Christmas. I don't remember who I go this idea from, but I loved it when I heard it.
We made a manger out of popsicle sticks, and every time any of us did a kind thing for another person in our home, we added a piece of "hay" (yellow paper) to the manger.
The goal was to make it as soft as possible for Christmas Day, when we placed baby Jesus in the manger.
I've had the baby Jesus for years that came with a relief society lesson, and have just tucked it in the tree every year.
 
 Every time the girls did even a little thing, I had them write what they did, and we put it in the manger.
It was nice and soft this morning.
 
 Santa found his way to our house!!
He brought way too much and our house is over flowing!!
 
 Opening stockings.
 
 Scarlet excited for her new little necklace.
 
Ella in her new apron Grandma Bowler gave her.
 
We had a great year and so many fun things to play with and try out, we should be busy for the rest of the school break!!
Merry Christmas to everyone!!


No comments: