Thursday, April 23, 2015

Irises

My Aunt currently resides in the house that was originally my granny and grandpa's.
About 5 years ago, a few years after granny's death, my Aunt had a drunk driver plow into the front planter of the house.
Dozens of decade old iris bulbs came spilling out.
She was generous to share with me!!
We planted at our old house and they never bloomed.
Green spears would come up, but no flower.
We moved to the house we're in now and still no bloom.
Only green spears.
I held hope in my heart that one day the old things would produce a flower, but if nothing else, they were at least something green!!
 
 Well my friends, after 5 years of waiting, I found buds!!
 
 And my granny's irises bloomed!!
 
Their delicate petals have unfurled and I feel a lingering spirit of her whenever I look at them.
I go out in our lovely grass, lay down a blanket,
and just gaze at them.


No comments: