Monday, October 12, 2015

Farewell Chase

A feral black cat showed up one evening.
I had mercy on him, as I always do, because I love cats and my heart always bleeds for a poor stray with no family.
I would leave extra food out or table scraps.
Chase would go out to play with him.
The problems was, I didn't realize it was a HIM.
On the same day I buried the dog, I let Chase out at 5am.
He always goes out that time of morning to chase bugs and prowl.
He never came home.
I believe the stray chased him off and he is off being a proper Tom cat.
 
 I will miss Chase.
He loved to play and did hilarious weird stuff!!
He had the most fabulous LONG fluffy tail to ever tail, and I will miss his mischievous cat spirit.
 
He snuggled with my girls and let them torture him without the presence of justifiable claws.
Any blanket left momentarily unguarded could be found with him burrowed in and happily purring.
Good bye kitty.
I assume the neighborhood will soon be filled with ginger, LONG tailed kitty cats.

No comments: