Monday, October 12, 2015

There's a first time for everything...

I have serious struggles with my reproductive system.
It's always on the fritz and something is always malfunctioning.
But it's something I'm familiar with so I don't worry too much.
 
But Friday.
Ohhhhhhhhh Friday.
I woke up and realized something was.....off.....with my morning bladder void.
As in, it was bloody.
I wasn't in pain, but thought I should probably have it checked out at quick care.
They set me up with antibiotics and told me to take them if I felt I needed them
Meh.
I brushed it off an thought I would go about my business and it was just some weird, random occurrence.
WRONG.
 
About 2 hours later the pain hit.
I will list the 3 most painful experiences of my life.
 
1. C section
2. Child birth
3. Kidney stone-combined with bladder infection
 
 
That's right. Kidney stones AND a bladder infection.
The sharp, breath taking pain of a shard of freaking rock working its way threw my urinary tract wasn't enough. Oh no my friends. The bladder decided to join the fun.
Let's add a raging bladder infection that literally felt like preterm labor!!
The next day when afore mentioned stone finally made its way out of my body, which by the way, was quite undignified and ungraceful, my poor stomach felt like I was about a week into a c section recovery.
I am now on a regiment of cranberry supplements that I am taking quite seriously.

No comments: