Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ella's New Friend

I'm holding him still for the picture. He doesn't need to be restrained or anything!


Ella is generally afraid of dogs. Every time my dad's dogs start barking, she buries her face in my neck and shakes. It's the same when our neighbor across the street, who has a hound dog, gets going. She just shivers to pieces. But this little guy is the exception! I think his name is Andy (or sandy, or candy, or randy) but we just call him wienie! Ella occasionally watches a cartoon on Sunday mornings called Oswald and his little dog is named wienie. And he looks just like this one! Ella loves him!! He belongs to the family in back of us. I'm hoping they don't care when they see their dog on our back porch in my lap, fast asleep, while my daughter mauls him to pieces! He is really lovey too, and doesn't seem to mind that she pets his fur the wrong way or pokes him in the eye! She gets SOOO excited when she sees him. She holds her foot up in the air so he can sniff it, and then laughs hysterically. I keep telling Brent she needs her own puppy...... but Daddy hasn't given.....yet.

5 comments:

Alan and Tessa said...

Tell him to get his baby girl a puppy!!!

ShEiLa said...

How cute is this? Very very cute.

I am sure the neighbor doesn't mind at all... I wouldn't and Giggles is a favorite in our nieghborhood. Gracie will yell from her trampoline... Hey come over here! and I do!

ToOdLeS.

Brooke and Justin said...

I am so glad that you found my blog! Your daughter is so dang cute! I can't wait to have my baby girl! Girls look like so much fun! Are you guys living in the valley or in Vegas? Cute blog by the way!

Jed Wheeler Family said...

no puppy, a kitty!
I love the smile on Ella's face in the 2nd picture.

Annie Leavitt said...

the girls are just DYING to get a dog someday. lucy even tells her friends, "we can't get a dog until we have our own house."

hmm...i hope she's ok with waiting at least a few years : )