Friday, November 13, 2009

The Intruder

I arrived home from my mom's house after dark, and had forgot to turn on a light. I hate coming home to a dark house! I came in and switched on the living room light, the kitchen light and proceeded down the dark hall way toward Ella's room. She was wet and needed a change. As I approached her bedroom, I glanced into the guest room right next door. There, crouching in the corner was a figure!! AAAAHHHHHH!! Actually, I managed not scream and played it off. I said, "Oops Ella! We forgot your diapers in the car!" I hurried to the car, keys in hand, 911 dialed on my cell phone. I opened the garage and buckled Ella into her car seat. I put the keys in the ignition. But I was angry!! How dare someone sneak into my house! That is the room I keep all my Christmas presents! I keep my finger on the send key on my phone. I leave Ella safely in the car and the drivers side door open for a quick escape. I lock all the other car doors.
I go back into the house humming. Acting as though nothing is wrong. I step into Brent's computer room where our shotgun is housed. I keep chatting on like I'm talking to Ella. I grab the gun and creep silently down the hallway. I spring into the room, simultaneously cocking the gun, and flipping on the light. In the meanest voice I could muster I shout, "Don't move." I figure at this close of range, the spray of the bird shot will hit something!

And here is who I nearly blast away.....

I forgot I had pulled him out to store something else in the closet.

(Insert shaking of head here) I really am an intelligent person.

9 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Intelligent and very hilarious!

ToOdLeS.

brave too! I wouldn't have gone back in.

Kevin & Kelly said...

That makes me laugh...a lot!

Jed Wheeler Family said...

That's why you're not supposed to keep those scary little elf things in your house. I tell you and mom and you just don't listen. One of these night's he really will get you. hahahaha
no hoho!

Brooke and Justin said...

That is so funny! I would have done the same thing!

marshall memories said...

Haha... That is hilarious Ash!! I'm the same way... Glad it was nothing scary!

Anonymous said...

Ashley that is hilarious!!!! I needed that laugh! That is the best story I have heard in a long time!!! LOL! You're brave!

Alan and Tessa said...

Ashley that is awesome!! I am laughing so hard! I would of done the same thing!

Dallas said...

What a great story! You are SO BRAVE and thought fast on your feet! I think I would have just freaked out and drove off or something! You were going to fight back! What a girl! Loved it! Sorry for the scare though.

Annie Leavitt said...

oh wow. yes, that is one scary santa.