Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Day At The Zoo!!

This is what Scarlet thought of the zoo. This is her "this place is loud and stinky and I don't know why you make me go out in public" face. Scarlet HATES being in public. She is VERY noise sensitive. That's lots of fun!!
Do not approach an emu.
The bird surely does esteem you
It wields a quick and wicked kick
That is sure to cream you
Or bite you!! Ella so sweetly offered the emu a baby carrot. It mistook her finger for more carrot. She was so brave and didn't cry at all. She just held her finger and calmly walked away. I think she was embarrassed that her uncle and cousins saw the bird bite her. I took her out to the car and when she saw the blood she finally let a few tears go. Thankfully I have athletic tape in the car so we fixed her right up!!
Cutest pig ever!! I want one of these for a pet!! It even wagged its little tail!!
Ella was VERY excited to see the zebra. It's her favorite animal. Too bad that annoying boy pictured kept stepping in front of her to feed it. I was about to tell him to go feed the donkey when his very charming father dragged him off and apologized to Ella for his son's rudeness. So glad there are still parents out there who do something when their kid is annoying!!
Ella wanted to stand and watch the otters all day. She loved them and asked if we could have one. There is a monkey climbing up the post in front of her that she thought was funny.
I felt bad for her bird bite so we bought her a stuffed 6 ft rattle snake with purple and black stripes. She asked me what kind of snake it was and I told her a rattlesnake. I shook his tail so she could hear the rattle.
She looked at me skeptically and scoffed, "This isn't a rattlesnake. It doesn't have diamonds on it."
Glad we read her the "Desert Animals" book that included a diamond back rattlers!! She can be so literal!!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Even though Miss Scarlet was clearly not impressed... and Miss Ella got a chunk out of her finger... it looked like a fun trip to the zoo.

ToOdLeS.