Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!!!

As tradition, I do not just have a birthday.
I have a week of birthday glory!!
It started clear back when we went on our anniversary trip together.
I got a few fun things while we shopped.
Including a new tote bag!!
I already have several tote bags.
But one can never have enough!!
I am sorry, but I don't really care for the chevron stripe.
I know.
A horrible sin.
But when everything on sale has a chevron stripe, I adjust!!
And I love peach!!
It channels my inner 1993!!
 
We went to the temple with Brent's parents on Thursday.
Oh I love the temple.
And being able to do some family work is such a different experience than doing anonymous names.
Not that that work isn't important too!!
But when the person who's work you are doing is related to you, it is so personal and filled with joy!!
My goal for 2015 was to go to the temple quarterly. 
4 times.
Easy right?......
uncomfortable silence
When June came and I realized I had the potential to get in 2 trips, I took them!!
Now I'm on schedule and have plans to get back maybe even an extra time!!
  
 We haven't been swimming a lot yet.
Shocking, I know!!
Ella has developed a recent and freakish paranoia of wasps!!
So trying to get her into the water has been ridiculous!!
 
 But Grandpa Bowler went to the trouble to put up the pool, and dang it!!
We were going to swim!!
I love swimming and the water.
But oh I do not like the heat!!
 
 We did good for over an hour.....
until Ella spotted a very small wasp nest nestled in the eves of Grandpa's shed.
We had to go in.
 
 But we did have fun!!
When I lowered myself into the water I swear I heard a mild sizzling.
It went from pretty decent and tolerable to "holy freaking crap it's hot" very quickly.
It didn't give me time to adjust!!
But I am grateful May was so lovely.
 
 I sent out a group text to my sisters that I REALLY wanted this!!
My sister delivered!!
When I opened it, my niece declared, "We got you the banana hammock you wanted!!!"
It was hilarious!!
My friend Laena brought me a huge bag of these beautiful home grown apples from her trees.
They make it perfect!!
My sweet little nephew went right for them with big, gleaming eyes!!
It was like I set out a candy bowl!!
 

 Brent and my mom got me some Amazon cards.
Which I have promptly used.
I ordered this awesome soup ladle.
It's the Loch Ness Monster.
I got a bunch of home décor stuff too.
I've felt the need to actually put something on my walls and freshen things up a bit.
You know, have a clock somewhere!!
 
And last,
I bought a waist trainer!!
I NEVER thought I would own, what I feel, it a pretentious item.
But I bought a cheap knock off at TJ Maxx on a whim.
It was seriously less than $10, and thought I would just try it.
It helps support my core and back SO SO much!!
I felt like my range of motion could go farther and I didn't have to worry about my back.
And it reminds me to hold in my core, but doesn't restrict my breathing.
I know. I succumbed to an item that is promoted by a Kardashian.
Don't make feel worse!!
But it really does have great benefits!!
 
It has been an awesome week.
I spent the week eating crappy food, skipping exercise, staying up late, sleeping in, and taking naps!!
Now tomorrow I have to go back to reality.....and get on the scales!!
 

No comments: