Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Little Surprise

Brent was pulling weeds in the front of our house and found a strange looking weed.
Upon further inspection he realized it was a pumpkin!!
It sprouted from a seed from the jack o lantern guts we scooped out last fall and was disguarded among the rocks.
I am amazed because it had to break threw the black plastic, get no water, and thrive among the rocks in the direct sunlight, and still managed to live!!
The girls were so excited.
I moved the pitiful thing into a plastic tupperware bowl and relocated it to the rest of the flowers.
It's roots were thin and barely clinging on, so I hope it can make it!!
If not, I'll go down to home hardware and get a pumpkin plant and switch it out,
because there is nothing wrong with letting my children hold on to some hope!!


No comments: