Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

I think it is proper that a day was set aside to celebrate mothers.
When I told my Granny that all I wanted to be when I grew up, was a mother,
she hugged me, told me that was a wonderful goal,
and then advised me,
"A man's work is done at sunset,
but a mother's work is never done."
And it's true.
And some days it's daunting, and hard, and there is little thanks!!
But I wouldn't trade my little girls for anything.
Even as hard as some of the times have been,
I would not change a thing,
if I had to go back and make the decision again.

 I am so grateful for my own wonderful mother.
She went with out so we could have what we needed.
She sewed clothes,
and baked goodies.
She found stuffed animals,
and combed hair.
She went to game after game after game.
She got up singing every morning, and we are all so ornery when we wake up,
that we might have squashed it out of her.
I raid her pantry on a daily basis,
and my children love her so much.
I am so grateful to have been born into the family that I was.

I love my dear sister.
She is an example to me,
and when I went through the disaster that was 2014,
she was my hope.
I know that her amazing spirit was sensitive to the Lord and he whispered wisdom to her that she could then share with me.

This is my favorite part of Mother's Day.
Of course I enjoy having someone else clean, and cook, and entertain children.
And yes of course I really like getting presents, and gift card, and sweet love notes.
But my favorite of all,
are the little pictures and crafts from my girls.


I am very grateful for the honor I have to be a mother.
I love these crazy, hyper, demanding, thoughtful, beautiful, precious children.


1 comment:

Jed Wheeler Family said...

I love you! Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for your kind words.