Saturday, May 7, 2016

May Day

I will admit.
In years past I have dreaded May Day.
I had to have a perpetually angry Scarlet on my lap, or standing by me.
There is no where near enough seating.
It's an understandably slow process.
The year PreK did the hokey pokey I almost killed myself.
I'm usually hot.

But this year was different.
This year both my daughters were dancing.
I realized they are going to do this for a few years and then it's on to organized sports.
The dances were so cute.

Scarlet's little class did a line dance-esque little number and she was darling.
I may be biased, but I thought so.

 I know it sounds silly,
but I was so proud of her.
For following instructions and being in front of people.
Something she has struggled with. 


The 2nd grade did a "Current" theme.
I thought this was kind of weird when the note came home,
but we looked over the "Millennial" list and it was fun to find stuff that I wore.
I'm not that old!!
I felt like you could tell who actually lived during the turn of the millennium, 
cuz we were dead on!! Haha!!

 Ella did very well.
I love to watch her dance because it makes her so happy.
She hasn't derived as much enjoyment out of dance lately because the routines are a little more complicated.
The class covers a wide age range and it's just been a little much.
But I loved watching her at May Day.
She had a huge smile on her face and she was confident in the moves and liked the song.

I'm from Moapa Valley.
One of those crazy people who has been here since it was a swamp and President Young sent us.
I feel confident in saying my Granny probably did May Day!!
I'm glad I can sit in a crowded set of bleachers and watch my little girls and keep this tradition.
Yes, it's kind of a pain in the butt, for everyone involved!!
But I look at our town and I see all the native families starting to thin, and I miss when we were a small town with small town people.

1 comment:

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Of course she was precious, she was on the front cover of the paper for a reason!