Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What We've Been Up To

We have been busy!!
The end of the school year comes with rushing and planning and trying to get everything wrapped up.
We put in an offer on a house and it has been accepted, we're now trying to get through the mess of closing.
In the mean time, we've been keeping busy!!

 Every Sunday my girls fight over who gets to sit by Grandpa.
Or more accurately, on him.
Scarlet won this articular Sunday.

 One of my New Year's Goals was to read scriptures as a family.
So far we've been doing well!!
We're currently finishing the last chapter of Jacob.
I love to snuggle all together and the girls are holding still and I get to hold them for a moment.
Even Kato joins the fun.
I will admit, he prefers Scarlet.
But Molly prefers Ella. Vastly prefers her!!

 Ella has been busy with homework and dance practice.
She has enjoyed dance, but it has been a little intense since the new year.
We've talked about it, and next year she wants to do a music class.
Violin or piano.
I fully support this!!

 Sacrament meeting can be one of my favorite hours of the week.
My girls sit quietly and draw or color or snack on goldfish.
One or both of them might graciously grant me with snuggling.
Scarlet had got up ridiculously early this particular morning, and decided my full skirt was perfect to roll up in and cuddle.

Spring brings many emotions for me.
I'm excited for my new flowers and roses.
The fresh, moist air and the longer days are glorious.
But I can feel the hot, terrible breath of summer on my neck and I shiver.
The temperature taunts me with beautiful, breezy days,
grey rainy days,
and hot, stale days.
And I wait.
Wait for the heat to win and settle in.
But oh I love my plants......sigh....


No comments: