Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Road So Far

About a year ago, I was casually telling my friend that I didn't have any TV shows to watch.
I don't watch regular TV so I have to depend on Netflix to supply me with entertainment.
I don't watch a ton of TV, but I like to when I use my stationary bike, my elliptical or as I'm falling asleep
I had burned threw Physc (which I love and rewatch all the time!!)
Scrubs
I had exhausted Fraiser and Ghost Hunters
Big Bang and Parks and Rec were in hiatus.
I've given up hope that Sherlock will ever come back.

She commented, "You should watch Supernatural."
I immediately declined. No way, that stuff is scary.
She assured me it had a complex story line that was more than just monsters, and that I would like it.
Sigh. Alright, I'll try it.
I watched the first minute and turned it off!!
It was scary!!
Baby crib?
Mobil moving on its own?
Screw that!!
A few weeks later I tried it again.
Slowly over the last 14 months, (I started in March 2015)
I watched this show.
I didn't realize it was going into its 11th season with no end in sight.
I was under the impression that a couple of lovely men killed monsters and were funny sometimes.
NO!!
This is a lie!!
This has been 14 months of pain!!
Every now and then they trick me with an episode that is funny and safe,
but it doesn't stay that way for long!!
It's only a matter of time before the gut wrenching pain is back, breaking my heart for people WHO DON'T EVEN EXIST.
The last episode of season 9, I literally threw the headphones across the room.
I don't put it on the TV because the last thing my girls need is to watch a show about monsters and demons, and for some reason it doesn't seem as scary when I have it on the IPad with head phones on.
I'm not even sure why I watch this show.
Because it sucks you in!!
You get attached to the characters and all you want is for the poor things to have some relief and remember hope!!
An no one is safe.
Everyone dies.
Even the main characters.
Oh they come back.
From Hell.
From Purgatory.
From torture and pain and loss.
I decided to share this to warn all those out there.
If you watch this show, you will not stop.
It is well written and the 2 main characters are stunning examples of male beauty.
But most of the time, you just want to see the poor things be able to sleep and offer them free therapy, and maybe share the gospel so they can have a knowledge of life after death!!
I don't even know why I posted about this.
Maybe to admit my secret.
That I too have fallen subject to angels, demons, and hunters.
Maybe because I can't keep all the chaos inside!!
But hey, at least its not the Novellas!!




1 comment:

Jed Wheeler Family said...

OMG! I'm dying. "Hey it's not the novellas" Tears. Real tears are coming out of my eyes. LMAO-I think I've cracked