Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Cemetery

As morbid as some find it,
I find the cemetery a peaceful, lovely place.
I love to go on cool, or cold, days, right as the sun it setting.
It's so quiet,
and I feel like the hallowed ground has a spirit of its own.
 
Brent's Uncle Jerry passed away suddenly last week and his funeral was this week.
Sunday evening was finally a little cold,
and the clouds were low and gray.
And if my Granny taught me anything,
it was to appreciate a good visit to the cemetery!!
So the girls and I made a quick drive so I could show them where dear Uncle Jerry was laid to rest.
 
 I was proud of them,
they were peaceful and reverent,
and understood the sanctity of where we were.
 
My daughters never knew my Granny.
Not here in mortality anyway.
But they know that I love her and miss her.
Ella decided to blow her some dandelions,
and it made my heart full.


No comments: