Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Grapefruit Tree

When we first looked at our house,
the owner took us in the back yard to show us around and pointed out a lovely tree with very vibrant green leaves.
He said he thought it was a grapefruit tree.
We moved in mid summer,
I never saw blossoms,
I never noticed fruit.
I walk past a house with a lemon tree, loaded with yellow fruits on the way to school every morning, and thought, "I wish my grapefruit tree had fruit."
 


It does!!
To my surprise,
I went back there the other day,
and it is full!!
I didn't see them initially because,
they had blossoms before we moved in that were gone by the time we got there.
It up against the far back wall and I don't go out that far!!
They match the leaves!!
I'm so excited, it's almost silly.
I can't wait to eat fresh grown fruit.
And give them away to fruit appreciating friends!!


No comments: