Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Veteran's Day

Only in Moapa Valley can a person go to the Veteran's Day Parade in shorts sleeves, and sweat.
I enjoy living in a small town.
I like knowing mostly everyone, or at least someone they are related to.
I love being able to find family to sit by.
If my sister or mom are unavailable,
I have in laws.
Mother and father in law.
Sister in law.
Aunt in law.
Cousins in law!!
Or cousins of my own!!
 Patriotic girls!!
 
 Jack got to march with the scouts.
When did these children grow up like this?!
I demand to know!!
 My chicken and me!!
Ella was on a float with her dance academy.
Which, by the way, I LOVE.
I delight and thrive in organization.
 
Ella on her float!
She standing in the back.
Even though she saw me, she was not interested in holding still for a picture!!
She had saved all the candy she was given to throw for her sister and cousins,
and was focused on making that happen!!
 
 I love little girls.
I was cursed as a child/teen that I would have 8 daughters,
JUST LIKE ME.
And you know what?
I'm sad that didn't come to pass.
But I have 2!!
And 2 delightful nieces that I would take any day!!
 


No comments: