Monday, January 16, 2017

New Year Goals

I don't like to make "resolutions".
I like to make goals.
For some reason a "goal" seems more obtainable than a "resolution".
I like to put them here because after years I can come back to them and see if I did indeed complete goals!!
 
 
This year my goals are:
1. Pray better
I always pray, but my Father in Heaven deserves for me to kneel and commit a mere few moments to him, instead of a prayer in my head as I clean, or run, or am half asleep.
 
2. Read doctrine daily
We read scriptures every night as a family, but I don't always take time to read them just for me.
I want to utilize the Ensign in this goal.
 
3. Maintain weight
Stop. Eating. So. Much. Crap.
 
4. Serve
Service is scary for me, because sometimes it is outside my boundaries.
I am NOT comfortable babysitting,
or driving places.
But I can provide edible food, I can clean a house, or I can simply listen.

5. Get to the temple as often as possible!!
Base line goal: quarterly
 
6. To love and accept people as they are.
My family.
My babies.
Myself.
 
 


No comments: