Sunday, September 4, 2011

Disclaimer

I am a selfish person. Prone to bouts of self pity and indignation.
I am also self aware.
I have done well with not feeling sorry for myself over the last few weeks. But this morning I was over come with feelings of 'I have it bad and no one knows how hard it is and they should all feel sorry for me because I have it the WORST.'
And then I discovered a person who had it MUCH worse than me, and it put into perspective how blessed I really have been.
I wasn't even supposed to get pregnant, let alone stay pregnant. But I did.
Scarlet's problems could have gone undetected until they were life threatening. But they weren't.
Scarlet was born early, with a problem with her bladder and kidneys. That is the least of the worst case scenarios. She has so far had healthy tests for her heart and lungs and there are no signs that that should change.
I have a wonderful family, who has been a support group for me.
I have an amazing husband and a beautiful older daughter. She has tried really hard to be good.
So it is isn't fair that I feel sorry for myself. I have A LOT to be grateful for. I could be facing a much more difficult struggle.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

It is pretty amazing for you to be able to see that it could have been worse. For being selfish (your proclamation -not mine) you sure have done a great job of being Thankful.

ToOdLeS.