Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm still in a bad mood, but I've moved on....


Essential Oils

I was a huge skeptic of essential oils when the rage started last year. I’m usually a skeptic when it comes to everything, actually. But my SIL wanted to do a class and I thought that no knowledge is worthless, so I attended.

I learned a lot and decided that these oils weren’t pills claiming to create magic. They were natural ingredients that my own Grandma had used on the farm!! I bought the physician’s kit and I’ll tell you what people: I BELIEVE!! (Picture an evangelist preacher whilst I declare this!!) I bought the book and it resides near the scriptures and my "Master Notebook"*. I have a great memory so it's nearly memorized. I like to be thorough.

I use oils every day and I feel like they are working!! Maybe it’s all physiological, maybe it’s them balancing the chemicals of my body naturally. Either way, I believe!! Here are the oils I use every evening and why I use them:

I use these all topically on the bottom of my feet and on the reflex points on my ankles.

Oil                   Uses               

Rosemary: Regulates the ovaries

Geranium: Agitation, pelvic pain, PMS, hormonal balance

Bergamot: Agitation, stress in all forms, PMS

Clary Sage: Cramps, menstrual problems and bleeding, hormonal balance

Grapefruit: Appetite suppressant



I use these in my night moisturizer.

Melalueca (tea tree oil): acne

Frankincense: wrinkles



I use these for the girls:

Lavender: in their lotion for relaxation

Bergamot: in their bath water to reduce stress



I also diffuse:

Serenity: nightly- relaxation

Balance: nightly- relaxation (I mix these together and sometimes put lemon or wild orange just for the smell.)

Slim and Sassy or Grapefruit: around 2pm to help my munchies.



I was using only DoTerra oils and I really love their oil blends. But let’s face it,Doterra is expensive and their price turns people off of the benefits oils offer. So I use NOW from the local health food store more often.

Maybe it’s all snake oil. Maybe it’s the cure for cancer. Either way, I am liking them!!


*The Master Notebook is a LARGE 3 ring binder that I manage my life with. EVERYTHING is in the book!! I don't think of it as OCD, I think of it as organized!!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

K I am intrigued. Are they super expensive? Cause I spill things...

Myrna Foster said...

Yes, and if you ever get headaches or stomach aches, peppermint is lovely. Sometimes I get migraines. Peppermint oil on the bottom of my feet works better than any pain killer I've tried. So, if my classroom ever smells like peppermint, now you know; it's because I woke up with a headache (but the pain will probably be gone by the time you smell my remedy). :o)

I also use lemon and lime in a sugar scrub (1 part sugar to 1 part olive oil) because the smell makes me happy. It smells (and tastes) good enough to eat and makes my skin feel great.

I'll have to try some of the others you've mentioned. Thanks!

Trent & Tara said...

I didn't want to believe in EO before either. But, now I am hooked, if I could have every Blend from DoTerra I would. I can't afford to become/nor do I want to be a distributor. I use Now oils too. Ashley try this in your kitchen I use it everyday to give mine a nice clean scent 10 drops of lemon, 10 drops of lemongrass, 4 drops of eucalyptus. Amazing. I love the diffusers and usally put them in the girls rooms as well. I go into the health food store now and drool over what I want. I have the book that tells all about what each essential oil can do for anything you may have. I am in love with my copy.

Meka said...

Ohhh I love this post so much! I've been learning about eo slowly and since reading this I tried the geranium and sage on my feet at nights and I have felt such a difference this cycle! I'm not nearly as psychotic as usual, I'm actually happier! Happy while on my period? So awesome, keep sharing what works for pms!