Friday, August 24, 2012

Jr Cheer Camp

This week was junior cheer camp. Ella had a great time!! She learned all sorts of funny cheer songs that I used when I cheered. Its interesting how those silly ditties have withstood the passing of time!! I heard "HEY BURRITO!!" all week long!!

 Ella and Jara. In case it wasn't already clear, my child is incapable of taking a decent picture.
 
 This is Ella's favorite person. Daryl is not only a cheerleader but Ella's babysitter. She came every Tuesday evening this summer, so I could go to Zumba. She is an angel!! I try to pay her well, to make the entertainment of my child worth her while, but I think she still might be underpaid!!
 

She's amazing!!
 
I loved cheerleading and I miss it all the time. I enjoyed coaching and would like to go back one day. Obviously that is contingent on whether or not I was actually hired!! But I would like to be involved again, when my daughters are older and not quite so demanding.
Cheer taught me responsibility. It taught me joy from the results of hard work. I learned perseverance and patience. I want Ella and Scarlet to both cheer, or dance.
If they choose to play a sport that's great too, but cheer is the closest to my heart and what I understand.
 
It was a good week and I am happy for all the cheerleaders who made the effort to run a good camp. It started out rocky but improved!! Hence the afore mentioned perseverance!!
 
We now head toward the new school year!! Ella is in a morning preschool 3 days a week. I'm excited for her new teacher. I've talked to her and I'm confident she is qualified and will be a good influence to Ella. She has some great ideas and I'm excited to have her teach my crazy child!!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I am guessing that Miss Ella is the 'queen' of candid photos. I think it's great that she and Jara got to be involved together.

ToOdLeS.