Saturday, August 4, 2012

I'm Complaining


Yeah that’s right!! I feel like griping!! I have a miserable sore throat and can’t figure out how the hell I get sick in the middle of summer. I have been sitting on the couch for 3 days and every time I get up I am completely exhausted by just going to the bathroom. In an effort to combat said ailment, I have covered myself in essential oils. Therefore, I am pretty sure I smell like a decomposing Egyptian corpse. In my negative attitude, I have compiled a list of all the things I am fully annoyed with. Enjoy!!!

1.      Political commercials. I’m pretty sick and tired of slanderous mudslinging that has even stooped so low as to feature one candidate’s horse. Really? Regardless of my political party or preference, that is really lame. Guess what? All these dudes are filthy rich. I bet more than one of them has a horse. I bet all their wives wear expensive clothes. I bet there’s even a yacht stashed somewhere. And several vacation homes. I think I’ll vote for the candidate who talks the least amount of CRAP. 

2.      Everyone is so damn sensitive!! Every little thing anybody says is racist, sexist, or hurting someone’s feelings. Chick fil A is under fire for its stand on gay marriage. Regardless of MY opinion on gay marriage, is Chick fil A not entitled to their own opinion? Just because it isn’t what everyone wants to hear, they aren’t allowed to believe how they see fit? My gosh people, are we all supposed to just do everything the same and not form our own feeling about anything? Have some freaking tolerance.

3.      It seems like people are more willing to give money and funds and compassion for ANIMALS than they are for people. I’m sorry, I’ll give my money to poor children more than to whales any day.

4.      I hate the summer. Yes, I know the winters are beautiful. Yes I know it doesn’t last forever. Yes, I KNOW. That doesn’t mean the heat doesn’t suck my will to live!! I don’t exercise. I just have a bad attitude about having to get up at 5:30 and still sweating my butt off. I just want to hole up, never open the blinds and wait for winter so I came use my oven again.

5.      My children are stir crazy, getting stupid from so many cartoons, and therefor whiny. In their defense, so am I.
6.   I have loved watching the Olympics but do their uniforms have to be so skanky?! And I'm not pointing a finger at beach volley ball this year!! MALE DIVERS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BANANA HAMMOCK FITS!!



On a good note:

I have loved watching the Olympics. I feel deeply proud and patriotic watching our athletes represent our country. It also inspires my daughter. She has informed us she wants to go to the Olympics in gymnastics, swimming and trampoline!! I plan on signing her up for cheer or dance or something!!

It’s August so hopefully the summer will be over in a month or so. Or at least reduces to a dull warmth.
Preschool will start in about a month so poor, bored Ella will be happy again. God bless Ms. Merna!!
Hopefully my bad attitudes leaves soon and I can get back to my regular self.....which is slightly less ornery and slightly less cynical.

3 comments:

The Leavitts said...

Amen sister!!!
We should hang out and grip together!

Vyanca said...

100% agree to all!!! Why do women's beach volleyball rules state they have to wear a bikini even when it's freezing and they wear it over long johns when the track and field women can run fully covered in a khimar????

ShEiLa said...

I love a good gripe and you have a unique way of making it interesting.

ToOdLeS.