Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One Year Old!!

 
 
Today is Scarlet's official birthday!! We spent the day at the doctor and at Little Cheer Camp.
Not so much fun for Scarlet, but we did already a party so it's all fair!!
Scarlet is behind developmentally, so I haven't ever documented her progress. I feel fiercely protective of my children and let my imagination run wild with the criticism people may have. Sometimes I think I'm justified. There's a lot of bitchy women out there!!
 
Scarlet can not crawl, or walk, and is very limited in her mobility. She has some problems but today isn't about that, so I digress.
 
She CAN: throw a fit if you take away something she has and wants.
Laugh and smile with gusto!!
Stand assisted.
Chatters up a storm that isn't just usual baby jargon. It seriously sounds like words!!
Just barely started eating solids and hates baby food. She wants people food and loves any kind of tomato sauce.
Weighs 22.5 lbs 75% for weight
Is 29 3/4 inches long 90% for height
Yes she is a GIANT monster baby!! So much for being a preemie!!
 
We love Scarlet very much. She comes with multiple challenges that are daunting some days. We try not to dwell on them or forever label her a "preemie". We keep it in mind, but I don't want her to be 6 and still blaming prematurity for anything that crops up!!
She is thriving!!
She's mostly happy and loves her family and we love her!!
Happy Birthday, my love.


No comments: