Thursday, July 10, 2014

Closure and Visuals

At the beginning of the year I almost gave up on my blog.
But then I browsed through it one evening and was reminded of things I had forgot had ever happened!!
I made a goal to make sure I posted as often as I could so I would have memories preserved.
Even if they were mundane.
Because essentially this blog is for ME.
 
I had my surgery on June 27th.
I was VERY anxious and I had Brent give me a blessing of comfort.
In that blessing I was promised that I would have answers.
I have been wracked with indecision whether or not to have another child for over a year.
Maybe even longer than that.
But I can put an exact date on when it began to consume my mind.
May 7, 2013
Every day I have been tormented with indecision.
I knew as I was wheeled back to the O.R. that I would leave there with answers.
 
As anesthesia cleared from my brain, my doctor approached me and gave me all the information he had obtained.
He directly asked me if I wanted more children.
I shrugged and told him I didn't think so.
He nodded and commented "Good. It's dangerous."
And I had my answer.
I felt it.
I think I knew it all along but was in denial.
I was relieved with the answer.
A little disappointed. 
But relieved.
But I also felt guilty.
I'm Mormon!!
I'm supposed to procreate and replenish the Earth!!
I'm supposed to have 8 kids!!
And actually, I WANTED a big family.
Even when I felt closure and peace, I would bring up guilt.
I'm a Mormon woman!! I should want a whole house full of children!!
My therapist and I discussed it length today.
And I have decided to let that go.
 
I have two beautiful daughters.
I don't need more children than I can handle. Or safely have. Or afford!!
It would be ungrateful to the Lord to be unsatisfied.
I am making the choice to not feel guilty.
And really, it can be that easy.
I am choosing to apply myself to make it so!!
 
 
 
My uterine malformation is center row on the left side.
My babies are miracles.
I am making the choice to be positive.
I can do it!!
It is a choice and if I have to make a constant, consistent effort, I will prevail.
I love my girls. They are blessings and miracles.
Saying that doesn't take much effort.
 

No comments: