Saturday, August 27, 2016

As Summer Closes

This summer has been filled with glorious moments,
high stress,
and spurts of draining boredom.
 
We finally bought a new home,
one to call our own!!
To say we are very excited is an understatement!!
Unfortunately the process was pure stress and I'm grateful I'm not bald.
Maybe a post for another day, if I feel brave!!
 
We spent the days playing,
moving,
watching too much TV,
moving,
cleaning,
moving,
swimming,
moving,
and swimming some more!!
 
 
The best part of summer is,
my daughters get to see their daddy a lot more.
He is starting his 4th year working weekends.
During the school year, they don't see very much of him.
 He was supposed to be 'helping'.
 
 I haven't handed my husband the keys and told him to take his children somewhere, ANYWHERE, and not come back for an hour it quite awhile!!
But this last week I just needed a moment to not have someone asking me to find something, feed them, tattle, or ignore me.....this includes my Brent himself!!
So I shuffled them out the door and I didn't care where they went, they just could not stay home!!
Brent was headed to his parents house when he saw the Logandale Pak had been flooded.
The rest was an hour of blissful splashing and rolling in the water like dirty little ducks!!
 
 

We were not able to go on a family vacation this year.
(See above mention of constant moving and loan appointments)
I decided I wanted to do something fun,
so we went to Fiesta Family Fun Center in St. George.
I had extremely low expectations,
but they've totally re done it and it was FUN!!
We raced Go Karts, bowled a game, and played arcade games!!
It was fun and the best part was seeing my little girls so happy.
School will start in 2 days and we are all excited.
We're all looking forward to structure and something to keep us busy,
and the girls are looking forward to seeing their little friends.
I'll miss them, but this is a fun time of year!!


No comments: