Monday, August 29, 2016

First Day of School

First day of THIRD grade and KINDERGARTEN!!
 


 They were up early and excited to go!!
I was worried Ella would have some nerves once we got to the paly ground,
because she has in the last few years,
but she did great!!
She wasn't nervous,
and I could tell by her body language,
that if she was feeling nervous,
she was determined to feel brave and have a good day!!
 
 Scarlet has a little advantage of her peers with the 1st day of school.
Because she was in the Early Childhood program,
and then in Pre-K,
 going to the Kindergarten play ground and lining up wasn't anything new for her.
She has her little cousin I her class,
which makes me happy,
because cousins are your first friends and I want them to enjoy being close.  
 
She looks stressed in her pictures,
but that is just her "I'm here." face!!
The other 2 little boys in the pics are from her primary class,
so a few more familiar faces!!
 
I went up to volunteer at lunch.
I know first graders sometimes struggle with getting packages open,
so I was sure there would be some stressed out kindergarteners!!
I was very happy to see my girls looked happy and were having a good day!!
I think we are going to have a great year!!


1 comment:

T Rex Mom said...

I love first day of school photos! (Last day ones, too). Not sure why. Maybe marks the passing of time. Your girls look beautiful and I hope they are having a happy and successful year.