Sunday, August 7, 2016

Baptism Day

Ella was baptized August 6, 2016.
It was a wonderful day!!
Everyone was well behaved, and we had wonderful support from our families.
I'm a quite serious person, and take things very seriously.
So it means a lot to me when people, especially people I love, attend special events.
 
Ella is a very carefree, fun, happy girl.
She is also very curious and inquisitive and likes things to be explained to her.
We had several little discussions about baptism, The Holy Ghost, and the Atonement.
Even though she is only 8 years old, she listened intently, asked questions, and I feel she grasped her own level of understanding.
She was very happy on her baptism day, and she was very reverent.
I could see her little spirit truly feeling all it could.
 
 Scarlet was well behaved and did not cry or ask to go home once.
So I'll take that as a win!!
 
 Scarlet and I matched.
Yes it was on purpose.
It took 2 other Amazon orders before I found something that looked decent!!
 
Ella wasn't nervous.
It make my heart truly happy to see her sitting with her daddy,
listening to her Uncle Jed give a talk on behalf of the stake.
Her confirmation was very sweet and special.
I could see her little face from where I was sitting and her smile was wide and bright.
I'm so grateful for all our family who came and supported us.
I had one of my lovely Aunts, and Brent had one of his.
Our wonderful bishop and his beautiful wife were there.
All of Ella's cousins with exception of a few were there.
It was lovely and the day was filled with joy.
 
 
I'm terrible at taking pictures.
I didn't take any at the dinner we had after!!
So we grabbed a few after church today of us all together.
 
 The lovely Ms. Sabrina made Ella this beautiful flower crown.
She proudly wore it to sacrament and we're going to dry it for her memory box.
 
 

It was a lovely day.
I didn't want to leave the church.
The feelings of love and The Spirit were so strong I wanted to stay there in that bubble forever.
I am so grateful for this gospel.
I am grateful for my Savior and I love Him.
I know that if I follow God's plan, I will always have peace.
I may not have pure joy every day, and I certainly will not have a perfect life.
But I will have peace.


No comments: